We offer a 2½-hour or full day program for your child. The AM class is from 9:00-11:30 and the PM class is from 12:15-2:45. The Full Day class is from 9:00-2:45. Students participating in the Full Day option must bring their own lunch. We have T/TH, MWF & M-F classes available.
Class placement is based on the age of your child and their developmental stage of readiness. We offer the following classes:
- 2½ – 3-year olds (T/TH AM & PM)
- 3 – 5 year olds (MWF AM & PM)
- 4 & 5 year olds (M-F AM & PM)
First Steps Preschool’s ratios are as follows:
- 2½ – 3 year old class will have up to 14 students with two teachers at all times.
- 3 & 4 year old class will have up to 18 students with two teachers
- 4 & 5 year old will have up to 20 students with two teachers at all times.
If we have a class with 8 students or less, there will be one teacher in the classroom and office staff will be available to assist.
Each morning and afternoon session will include a rotation of activities that last 15-20 minutes. Specific schedules will be posted in each classroom. The activities include, but are not limited to: free play, large muscle play, outside time, circle time, story & worship time, art time, snack time and bathroom time. Each class will have one scheduled bathroom break but children will be able to go as needed.